This is just my personal opinion and choice below. The issue of vaccines is very controversial and very important. I highly recommend that everyone research this issue for themselves, read the literature on the good side of vaccines and the bad, talk to a couple different doctors (not just one), ask family members and friends their input, then follow your heart and your motherly instinct when you make your decision.
Pro-Vaccine? Anti-Vaccine? In the middle? So many questions, so many DIFFERENT answers.........
I feel like we are in a Russian Roulette game…. Give your child the immunizations and risk developmental and behavioral problems, autism, or death……or forgo the immunizations and risk your child getting a horrible, possibly debilitating or deadly disease.)
Who to trust? So my big dilemma is: do I trust the doctor telling me with every bit of confidence that vaccines are absolutely necessary and safe, and even hinting to the fact that I would be a "bad" parent to not vaccinate my child. Or do I listen to all the family's who so confidently claim that their child was perfectly normal until they received a vaccine?
1. I do not believe for one second that vaccines are safe. Although, I believe we are putting too much emphasis on them as being the culprit. Think of a gun.... I believe vaccines would be a trigger. But the trigger is harmless if you do not have the bullet, which is the key to causing damage. Vaccines alone are not causing all of this damage.
2. I firmly believe that it is our toxic environment and the all the pesticide-ridden, genetically modified, unhealthy food that is damaging our DNA and making us more susceptible to these mental and physical disabilities. For some people, the toxins in the vaccine may be the triggering point to make this present damage "come alive". --- But once again, the vaccine is not the cause for the damage itself.
3. Wouldn't it be great if we lived in a world where grocery stores only offered safe, natural, God-given foods. Where we all weren't bombarded everyday with toxins in our air, water, and technology....... well, maybe then we wouldn't think twice about the safety of vaccines. Maybe then we could see vaccines as the miracle they are. They have, and will, continue to save millions of lives.
4. But since we do not live in this perfect world, and the rates of allergies, autism, mental disorders, and auto-immune diseases are sky high (even my own son has succumbed to food allergies), what needs to happen? Well, I am a simple girl, I don’t have a PH.D, I am not a doctor, but to me, the solution to this problem just seems so simple. Why don't we spend the money, spend the time, and make non-toxic vaccines for children? There are safe natural preservatives out there, why not just try? Are they concerned about money? Lawsuits? If they start making safe vaccines, will they feel like they are admitting that certain ingredients in today‘s vaccines are potentially dangerous?
But MOST IMPORTANTLY, we need to spread the word and teach people how to eat safely and naturally. The world tells us that things like Special K, Apple Juice, Tyson Chicken Breasts, Subway sandwiches, Whole Wheat Arnold Bread, Yoplait Yogurt, and Kraft cheese singles are healthy. These things (pretty much 90% of things you find in the grocery store) are over-processed and loaded with pesticides, artificial chemicals, GMO's, too much sugar, MSG, and about 100 other detrimental, DNA-damaging additives. This is not healthy. Then you add in the overuse of cell phones, the everyday pollution, and the large amount of toxins from makeup, lotions, and detergents that we constantly expose ourselves to on a daily basis, and you have a ticking time bomb for all sorts of diseases, mental disorders, and auto-immune disorders.
5. So What I have chosen as of now? Well, I am a bit obsessed with eating clean and living the most natural, non-toxic life possible as possible. And I definitely do not like the thought of injecting my child with a vaccine that contains known neurotoxins. I especially worry because my middle son was born with severe food allergies and his immune system is susceptible. But, ultimately, I think the danger of a deadly disease is far greater than the chance of a vaccine causing damage to my child.
That being said, I do not agree with the vast amount of vaccines that are given today, and I do not think they should be given so close together. I am going to pick and choose which vaccines I feel are absolute necessary and space them out, and I will not get multiple vaccines in one visit.
Right now, the #1 vaccine on my list is the DTaP vaccine (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis). Pertussis can be fatal and is making a big comeback in the USA. But something like Chickenpox is at the bottom of my list, and I will not be using this one (among others). Everything else I have ranked in order of severity and importance, and will space them out. I do not think there needs to be a big rush to get all of these immunizations in every few months.
Also, I will continue to pump my children with healthy organic fruits and vegetables, local grass-fed healthy meats, a daily probiotic and of course their Juice Plus in hopes of strengthening their immune system and helping their little bodies detoxify. We will also avoid GMO's as much as humanly possible.
Now once again, this is just my personal thoughts and opinion, I think whatever decision a mother makes based on her intellect and gut will be the right one.